Monday, May 29, 2006


Matcha Madness
Meiji's Matcha Melty Kiss, imported Japanese confections made of matcha green tea and dark chocolate, certainly live up to their name. The delicate cocoa dusted coating gently dissolves on your tongue to reveal a creamy kiss of bitter green tea. While matcha is traditionally enjoyed in the Japanese tea ceremony without sugar or milk, here the chocolate adds the perfect touch of body and sweetness. The now trendy combination of chocolate and green tea has caught the attention of chocolatiers, tea enthusiasts and the antioxidant obsessed. In fact, Vosges Haute Chocolat and Bobbi Brown cosmetics are launching a matcha chocolate beauty bar in July.

4 comments:

PV said...

Yum. Your photos and descriptions of awesome confections makes my mouth water!

Liz said...

Glad you discovered these! When I left Japan I think I had 6 or 7 boxes of this lovely stuff tucked into my luggage. They were gone in less than a month.

Lauren said...

For those of you who are truly anti-oxidant obcessed, visit www.antioxinabox.com. They offer the best teas and dark chocolates I have ever tasted and unlike most companies that brag about antioxidants, they actually divulge the antioxidant content in every product they sell!

Dr.Gray said...

Makes me miss Japan. Gotta look online for some matcha confections.